Thursday, March 22, 2012

PARENTING

How do you plan on parenting? For me I realize that sometimes I find that I "parent" children that I babysit or my nieces and nephews, just the way my parents raised me. Of course, like anyone, I'm going to change certain things my parents did, but in all reality I don't plan on differing much on how they parented me.
Do you plan on disciplining your kids with time out, etc.?
Do you plan on finding the time to help build their self esteem and self worth?
Do you realize you need to treat your children with the same respect you require of them?

These questions are often things you don't think about until you are actually having a child or when the problem arises with the child, we need to make these decisions now that way when we have children we can be CONSTANT. However, as I'm sure we all know, we'll need to cater to our different children in their own individual needs, but we still need to be constant in our parenting strategies.

I recently wrote a research paper that consisted of working mothers and the effects on the maturing family, and as part of the research I found that children need consistency most of all from their parents, especially their mother figure.

Plan your parenthood now, because before you know it, it will be put to the test.

No comments:

Post a Comment